What is Acupuncture?
Acupuncture is a healing technique of Traditional Chinese Medicine and is used to treat painful musculoskeletal conditions. It is also used to improve sleep, digestive function, allergies, and other bodily functions.
Conditions treated by acupuncture:
- Musculoskeletal pain like back pain, neck pain, joint pain, arthritis, sciatica, carpal tunnel and pain from final disc conditions
- Soft tissue conditions like tendonitis, trigger points, injured muscles and ligaments, and muscle spasms
- Headaches, sinusitis, earaches, and allergies
- Gastrointestinal diseases such as irritable bowel syndrome (IBS), Crohn’s disease, ulcers, chronic constipation, and gastritis
What to expect at your treatment:
- Your acupuncturist will first conduct a health history and assessment
- Based upon their assessment, the acupuncturist will recommend a treatment plan
- During your treatment you will lay comfortably on a treatment table while acupoints are stimulated
- Most people feel no or minimal discomfort as the fine needles are gently placed
- The needles are usually retained between five and 30 minutes while you relax
If you are experiencing pain or any of the above conditions, contact us today for a consultation at 816-373-3373 or request an appointment online. We look forward to helping provide you relief from your pain and restoring normal body function.